Sunday, July 12, 2009

Supplements for Crohn's

I just wanted to take a moment to share a list of supplements I am currently taking. The majority are ones that have repeatedly been recommended through my thus-far research in the natural treatments of Crohn's Disease.

Florastor 250mg 2x/daily (probiotic)

Bio-K Plus (50 billion live active L. acidophilus & L. casei)

Fish Oil 1000mg 3x/daily (anti-inflammatory)

Ferrous Gluconate 324mg 3x/daily (for anemia)

Organic Life Vitamins 1oz. 2x/daily

Oil of Oregano 3 drops 1-2x/daily (anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, etc.)

GI Revive (powder supplement from my ND) 1 scoop/per day, contains:
L. Glutamine 5000mg
Arabinogalactans 1000mg
Licorice Root 500mg
Aloe Vera Extract 250mg
Glucosamine 250mg
Slippery Elm 200mg
Zinc Carnosine 100mg
Marshmallow Root 100mg

As I can, I'll try to post some of the specific research I've found regarding the above supplements and Crohn's.

Are there any supplements you would recommend? Please leave a comment...

P.S. - just ran spell check, and am wondering just how long I will have to blog about Crohn's before I learn to spell inflammatory. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment