Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fabulous Organic Skin Care!

In my newly revived efforts to foster a healthy home and healthy bodies for myself and my family, I've taken the plunge and switched to all natural/organic skin care. And I have been so amazingly pleased with the line of products from Aubrey Organics that I just had to let everyone know about them.

While I was in the hospital, a friend brought me a lovely goody bag which included the Evening Primrose Body Lotion from Aubrey Organics and the Neroli hydrosol from Simplers Botanicals. They are both scents used for calming and relaxing, and they sure cheered me up!

But I have absolutely fallen in love with this lotion! I have dry skin, and now it is softer than it has ever been. And the lotion is a kind of lighter formula; it's smooth and a breeze to apply all-over after a shower, not thick and greasy. I love the earthy, natural scent - it makes me feel happy!

I was so impressed, I wanted to try more products from the company. And wow! They are all amazing. Here's what I tried:

Natural Deodorant: Wow! It really works! I have always used an anti-perspirant/deodorant, and was sure a natural product would not measure up. However, I couldn't be more pleased - it smells great all day (not that sickly perfumy smell of store-brands) and no goopey white stuff - just clean, natural ingredients. I still sweat a little, but no more than when I was using an anti-perspirant. Keep in mind that it is HOT here - 90-100 degrees lately - so I'm testing this when it really counts.

Lumessence Eye Cream: I have dark circles and thin skin under my eyes. I've used various eye creams and products over the years, and have never noticed any difference. This one I've been using for 5 days so far and actually notice a visible difference (is that crazy or what?). My skin looks healthier, smoother, and I can tell the darkness is a little lighter. I can physically feel that it is softer and firmer.

So impressed I am by their products that I'm going to gradually try more of their items as I need to purchase them, (i.e. sunblock, soap, etc.).

The Neroli hydrosol is fabulous too. I spray it on my face throughout the day, and it just makes me feel happy. A little mid-day pampering! I'll be buying more soon, and trying their other scents.

I know I must sound like an advertisement or spokesman, but I just had to share. I'm always hesitant to try new products, especially when they cost a little more, for fear of disappointment. So I love reading reviews from real people.


As a reward for making it through this post, here's some eye-candy:

Absolutely gorgeous hydrangeas that my dear friend Alana brought me while in the hospital. Thank you Alana, they brighten my every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment