Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Just Diagnosed

Three weeks ago I was diagnosed with having Crohn's Disease. Though it can be quite a serious disease, it is a relief to finally know the reason I have felt so poorly and now get a chance to do something about it!

I've spent these last few weeks starting to gather information about Crohn's. I say "starting", because wow, there is a lot of information out there! Some is consistently the same information, while other advice and even facts and statistics often contradict each other. So there is a lot of research to do.

Some of the most useful information i have found, however, are the personal stories that Crohn's sufferers are willing to share. It's one thing to read a "fact" or the result of a certain study, but I like to see how these treatments actually affect real people.

The purpose of this blog is to add to that information pool. After my initial research of the current pharmaceutical treatments for Crohn's, I am determined to try and control my symptoms naturally through diet and key supplements. I would like to share with you the different things I try and how well they work - my successes and failures.

Tomorrow I will post my story, along with my current list of medications, supplements, and diet plan.

I hope what I share will help you or someone you know who is suffering from this disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment