Saturday, July 11, 2009

"Get In My Belly!" I Just Ate 2 Dinners!

Seriously. Apparently, my husband ate too many cookies before dinner (so yes, you can spoil your appetite kids).

And I'm looking at my empty plate, and then over to his full plate (less two or three bites) and well, the end result was two squeaky clean plates.

How much was that? Here's what I used to cook dinner: 2 pork chops, 4 smallish sweet potatoes (yams), 2 zucchini and 1 yellow crooked-neck squash. And they're all gone, in my tummy.

So, this has been one of the side effects of being on Prednisone. I eat every 1-2 hours and have not felt full once. I spend a lot of time checking the clock to see if it would seem quite glutenous to eat again, and quite so soon.

I have been teased my whole life for my lack of appetite, so this is quite a new experience. And absolutely fantastic compared to the previous 2 months of being able to eat nothing. I can't wait to get off the Prednisone, but for now I'll gladly take advantage of this ravenous oddity and try to pack on the pounds before I start the 6MP.

Again, this is all a new experience for me, so I don't have any past experience to prepare from. But "they" all say to eat, eat, eat when you're feeling good.

SO...what is there to snack on?...

No comments:

Post a Comment